SAGA is a humane society in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, that is committed to providing care for unwanted, abused, neglected, homeless, injured and sick animals in Belize. It is committed to preventing cruelty in all its forms through educational programs and provides an invaluable service to the San Pedro Town Board by doing public health investigations, dealing with dog bites and other animal nuisance issues. SAGA has allowed the San Pedro Town Board to cease using poison as a method of stray control.
Please help Save SAGA Humane Society!
For 10 years the SAGA Humane Society has provided valuable services to the Town of San Pedro and now it may be forced to close. Please Act NOW.
Over 75% of the money needed to provide the community with a Humane Society comes from the veterinary clinic SAGA runs, which provides both free and for-charge care. It is this income that pays for all of the other services. NOW, the SAGA veterinary clinic may be forced to close, putting the entire Humane Society at risk and out of business. If SAGA cannot employ a full-time vet, we cannot generate the income to offer all the many free and low-cost services we currently provide.
WARNING: If you are an animal lover the photos below may be graphic and disturbing in nature. There is a happy ending thanks to SAGA HUMANE SOCIETY.
This is what SAGA does for you and the animals of San Pedro:
* Dog Patrols to pickup stray, dangerous, diseased, maltreated, abandoned or injured animals.
* Responds to complaints of dog attacks, dog fights, noise nuisance and other negative interactions between the animal population and humans.
* Provides free rabies shots for all animals.
* Provides free or low cost medical treatment for animals belonging to those suffering financial hardship.
* Provides a shelter to house, feed and treat the homeless or mistreated animals of San Pedro.
* Provides animal adoption services, providing many local families with much loved pets and guard dogs.
* Assures that all people who want to adopt are able to provide good care for the animal.
* Assures all animals placed for adoption are spayed or neutered and have been given a clean bill of health with all shots up to date.
* Provides free or low cost spays & neuters to help prevent overpopulation.
* Provides humane euthanasia when appropriate and eliminate the need for the Town Board to use poison as an alternative.
* Provides educational programs to help the people of San Pedro learn how to care for a healthy, happy pet.
If you want to help, please contact SAGA urgently to sign their petition to save this very valuable service to the community before it is too late. For 10 years we have helped San Pedro. We need your help now.
Contact The SAGA Society:
Coconut Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize, Tel: +501 226 3266, Email: email@example.com
visit theier website: http://sagahumanesociety.org/
Please sign the petition to save SAGA.
Upon arriving at Saga Humane Society
Getting immediate treatment at Saga Humane Society
After Being rehabilitated at Saga Humane Society
Saving yet another dog from neglect
Kids appreciating and learning about animals at Saga Humane Society
Saving another Puppy from neglect
Saga Humane Society